Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Penn & Teller : Bullshit!

I love this show. It's simply one of my favorite things to watch on TV. I watched the first season and thought it was great, but somehow kept missing episodes of the second season. Well, thanks to Showtime On Demand, I am now all caught up. They did some great stuff, talking about recycling, PETA, safety hysteria, the War on Drugs, even the Business of Love. Their next topic is The Bible : Fact or Fiction? - man, that sounds good. I love the way Penn & Teller present facts and prove to the viewer that this stuff is, well, Bullshit! I think one of my favorite things they did was an experiment they conducted the first season. The topic was Environmental Hysteria, and they went to a big environmental rally and circulated a petition to ban a chemical - dihydrogen monoxide. Folks, that's H2O - water! They didn't lie to people, they told them straight up it was a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide, and told them some of the bad things water can do - all true information. The best part was that about 70% of the people they showed signing the petition were holding - bottled WATER!! And they got a LOT of people to sign the petition - it was hilarious!! See - this is a great show! Be sure to watch it, if you don't already - Thursdays at 10pm, or do what I do - wait a couple days and catch it On Demand. Love it!

No comments: