Saturday, March 26, 2005

Now this is just silly

As part of their Plays For Sure campaign, Microsoft has launched a webpage to help you pick the 'correct' MP3 player for you. It advises that "a player that uses flash memory to store music has distinct advantages over a player that uses a hard disk. Simply put, flash memory players have no moving parts, meaning that you can take them jogging and your music won't skip" and "Don't get locked into one online store...You might have to shop at more than one store before you find the song you're looking for." Unsurprisingly, it's 6 tips would exclude the iPod as a good choice for consumers. Now, I've had troubles with iPod, but my wife and I both use one at the gym without even experiencing a skip, and I've never had problems finding music on the iTunes Music Store. So I can tell you from personal experience that those claims are false. Not that I'd ever really trust Microsoft anyway...

No comments: