Friday, June 04, 2004

Is your PC toxic?

This article is rather disturbing. But it is good to know that these PBDE (polybrominated diphenyl) compounds are being phased out. Of course, all the lead and mercury and other junk in PC's isn't going away soon - and is toxic too. I'm not advocating throwing all your PC's away (especially since these flame retardant compounds are present in TV's and other electronic equipment - so you'd have to toss EVERYTHING out), but this does present a problem similar to the problems discovered with asbestos. I guess it's becoming unsafe to do just about anything these days.

In much happier news - I'm going to see Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban tonight (and tomorrow night as well), so I'll be sure to post up a review tomorrow. I'm hoping it's even better than the first two movies - we shall see...

No comments: