Monday, April 05, 2004

A sad date in music history

On this day 10 years ago, Kurt Cobain of Nirvana alledgedly committed suicide. His body was found three days later. I remember the day the news broke very well, I had gone into work early and hadn't heard the news until a friend of mine came up to me and said that Kurt had been found dead from a shotgun wound. I remember thinking "What a jerk. How could he joke about something like that?" - and I refused to believe him. Later in the day I caught the news and realized that it really was true. I remember feeling very sad for Kurt, that the demons he fought with had finally got the best of him. I remember feeling sad for his daughter, that she would grow up not knowing her father - but having everyone she meets telling her how much they loved her dad and his music. I remember feeling sorry that such a great talent was taken away from the world much too early. RIP Kurt - you are missed.

No comments: