Saturday, January 08, 2005

Casting the new Superman movie

It was announced a few days ago that Kevin Spacey and Kate Bosworth would be joining the cast of director Bryan Singer's new entry into the Superman movie franchise. So, Spacey will be Lex Luthor, Bosworth is Lois Lane, and newcomer Brandon Routh was already cast as Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman. I'm interested to see what Kevin Spacey can do as Lex Luthor - and he's done his best work ever in another Bryan Singer movie (The Usual Suspects), so it's a great thing to have them work together again. I don't know about Kate Bosworth - I haven't seen her in Beyond The Sea (with Kevin Spacey), but she wasn't that great in that surfing movie Blue Crush. I haven't seen any of her other movies, so I'll just have to reserve judgment for now. I'm really hoping this movie is great, it's been a long time since the Superman movies were great - it's definitely time!

No comments: